Update from Club Secretary, Jane:
Hopefully you have been down to try out the new courts (despite them not being ‘coloured’ yet), comments received so far have been really positive. The team tennis season starts at the end of April but please could I draw your attention to the following as we really want to make this year the best yet ..
- All ladies wanting to be considered for team tennis, practice is now starting on Saturday mornings at 9.30 am – even if you don’t think you are good enough or can only commit to a few games do come down
- Junior coaching is in full swing on Mondays (Duncan) and Wednesdays (Jack) – remember there is 20% discount for members
- Club preparation for the season is on Saturday 21 March at 1.00 pm – cutting grass, clearing dead leaves etc (it’s good fun I promise!)
- Quorn Competition on Sunday 5 April, 9.30 am until about 11.30 am- an LTA sponsored event. We struggled to get 4 couples least year but they all really enjoyed it. If we could get 6 couples this year it would be even better. Details – one adult relative/carer with a junior school age partner. Junior racquets, easier balls, no volleying, timed games, no overarm serving – £4 per partnership. As every year group at Copmanthorpe Junior School is having tennis lessons this year it would be great to encourage them. Players do not have to be members.
- We’re still working on starting some cardio tennis
- A couple more weeks of indoor tennis for the Ladies and Return to Tennis Sessions (Thursday) but by the end of March everything will be outdoors again.